Ultimate Warfare Online multiplayer Text-based game
Welcome to the Ultimate-Warfare forums!
You are currently not logged in, you can only view the forums now. Click here to login!

Last Login: Max808 - Last Registered: Max808
Small player protection
Name: frank
Forum Moderator
Big players can't attack people that have less then 25% of your amount of countries. This will prevent bigger players from attacking new players. If a small player attacks an big players, the big player can attack back for 24 hours.
Date/Time:
16/12/08 : 17:25:47

Name: atavax
Player
it should be if their federation attacks your federation then you can attack anyone in their federation. right now its easily open to abuse. one person takes it, gives it to someone in his federation, and you cant take it back.

Delete - Edit
Date/Time:
16/12/08 : 21:43:08

Name: darkmatt
Player
no that adds tactics, whole idea is if you can pass it onto a smaller player safe from attack smaller fams can grow well if they co-operate

Delete - Edit
Date/Time:
17/12/08 : 12:52:15

Player
im sorry, but i dont consider gaining countries without chance of reprisal because of a game mechanic, tactical, i consider it an exploit. clearly with the exception that the big players can attack the person that attacks them for 24 hours, means the big players are supposed to be able to take the country back. and removing that possibility by passing it on to another player is an exploit.

Last edited by: atavax

Delete - Edit
Date/Time:
17/12/08 : 14:09:46

Name: darkmatt
Player
erm its not IC :P

but no i still think its a good way for little fams to grow and if think about it if your big enough you should have enough units to cover your country, and if you are small you should be small enough to attack any player in that fam.

also concerning the federation getting involved, use the bank to your advantage and pump the player being attacked with res!

Delete - Edit
Date/Time:
17/12/08 : 15:00:14

Player
the idea that someone can protect all their countries from someone who is equal size as them is crazy. then that person of equal size, just gives it to a smaller teammate who the person cant attack.

this game is ultimate warfare, not avoid warfare by giving countries to smaller members.

Delete - Edit
Date/Time:
17/12/08 : 23:48:23

Name: soccer_09
Player
I think atavax is right about this. Frank wants this game to be realistic. Technically a very big country could attack a very very small country in real life but frank is forcing some sort of honor code which the game needs (needs one much more in depth than just this but it's a start) by only being able to attack someone that has more than 25% of your size.

Now the federation leader is responsible for all of the actions of his federation. A good leader is listened to and if you can't get your people to listen to you, then either they shouldn't be in your federation or you shouldn't be a leader.

With that said, if anyone in your federation attacks a person in another federation, then that whole federation should be able to retal on the whole federation that attacked. People pass countries to smaller people for "protection" so that they can't be hit and yes matt, that is an IC tactic but regardless, it's a cheesy one and a mistake in my opinion. If you don't like the idea of the whole federation being able to retal, then this is another option:

If you lose a country, you can attack that country for 48 hours REGARDLESS of who owns it. I think that might actually be better than the first idea, I just thought about it now and too lazy to erase the first idea

Anyways, that's soemthing to consider, but something really needs to be done about that.

Also I hate how people use the game name for how things should go. Everyone refers to the games is Imperial "Conflict" and "Ultimate" Warfare... it's stupid. They are names of games and if this is supposed to be realistic, look at how things are in the real world. There is much more to life than war.... economy is just as important, if not, more important than fighting.

Last thing here, if you are bigger and have more coutnries, you actually have to build more units to cover all of those countries. We don't have portals here like IC where 1 fleet covers all. You actually have to build fleet on every single country to have proper protection so being big has some advantage since you should make more income, but it has quite a bit of disadvantage as you have to build that much more fleet.

Delete - Edit
Date/Time:
25/12/08 : 20:14:54

Name: frank
Player
Thanks for your big post I like your idea about attacking that country for 48 hours, nomatter who owns it

It prevent passing on countries to small people.

Like i told some of you before, i want this game to be a realistic game, the 25% protection rule doesn't fits in that, i added it cos of "big" players were killing off new players

So i will take a closer look into this, and you guys can expect that the battle system will get some changes in the next few days

And about the last thing, yes big players with many countries have their forces spreaded, like in real life. Portals and that kind of stuff also doesn't fit in the "realistic" idea...

Last edited by: frank

Delete - Edit
Date/Time:
26/12/08 : 11:48:31

Player
i think the problem is that everything is too dynamic. i buy a country next to someone, i build tons of soldiers in 1 tick, and i can attack them next tick. so to attack a small player, it takes 2 or 3 ticks of my time, and acouple soldiers. units should cost population to prevent this. you cant throw your soldiers around or else you're extremely vulnerable to people around your size. your population eats food, without food, your population shrinks.... makes food more useful.

i dont like the 48 hour for the planet provision because they're likely going to be able to clear you from the area and then it could take a fleet more then 48 hours to reach there. its not a big deal right now because theres still lots of open countries, but when there are fewer open countries, its gonna happen alot where you cant reach the country in 48 hours.

Delete - Edit
Date/Time:
27/12/08 : 00:26:15

Name: soccer_09
Player
well the 48 hour thing would be ONLY that country. If you hit someone that is too big to attack you, then you give them the chance to retal and take you down to 1 country if htey choose to do so. The 48 hours to attack the country would just be if they pass to another small player and you would only be able to hit that small player at that ONE country that was yours and nothing else. Though you can hit the guy that hit you, anywhere for 24 hours, that's already in the game. So basically, if you don't wanna get your arse kicked by a giant, don't hit them

Delete - Edit
Date/Time:
27/12/08 : 07:06:46

copyright © 2006 - 2019 ultimate-warfare.com

generated in 4.875 ms, using 26 queries
Server time: 02:58:48 12/11/2019