Ultimate Warfare Online multiplayer Text-based game
Welcome to the Ultimate-Warfare forums!
You are currently not logged in, you can only view the forums now. Click here to login!

Last Login: CrossSet - Last Registered: CrossSet
Map Relevancy?
Name: Reyth
Player
I am new at this game so I might be missing something but a thought has occurred to me concerning the importance of the map.

If I am correct the map only relates to combat in terms of distance and the time it takes for troops to arrive.

How long would it take for a troop to arrive from A1 to Z100?

I am thinking that the map could be more relevant if there were line of supply/attrition costs to longer combat; like if a troop travels a long way there is a defense bonus for the defender. Planes & missiles would have no problems at all.
Date/Time:
05/11/11 : 09:39:08

Player
BUMP
Date/Time:
06/11/11 : 17:02:41

Name: frank
Forum Moderator
It would take 1:45 hours to cross the map. How could the map be more relevant? Costs increase if you send more units already
Date/Time:
06/11/11 : 17:17:29

Player
How do the costs increase if you send more units? There is a cost to send units?
Date/Time:
06/11/11 : 20:07:51

Forum Moderator
Hmm my mistake, on my development server i already implemented costs per units. The more units you send, the more it will cost. Maybe i add distance to it as another cost factor.
Date/Time:
06/11/11 : 22:36:23

Player
Right like a formula where cost is increased exponentially by distance.

Like I said, I'm new but I think having the concept of borders would be exciting.
Date/Time:
07/11/11 : 07:38:02

Forum Moderator
Yes increasing the cost exponentially sounds fair. You can define your idea about borders?
Date/Time:
07/11/11 : 10:00:20

Player
Well since sending units a far way would be prohibitive it automatically creates the concept of "borders" because most of the combat would be occurring at the closest square to your enemy. So you would think of fortifying those squares more and building up your troops there so you can send them for an attack. It would sort of bring an element to the game that is similar to the game "Risk" but it wouldn't be infallible because a player could still send units to farther squares.
Date/Time:
07/11/11 : 10:57:23

Player
It also would add another dimension to the map because the place you choose to buy regions becomes more important.
Date/Time:
07/11/11 : 10:58:40

Forum Moderator
Yes i agree. Ill try to implement this in the next few days
Date/Time:
07/11/11 : 17:21:06

Player
I'm not familiar with the cost factor yet, I would like to see that too.
Date/Time:
07/11/11 : 17:33:31

copyright © 2006 - 2019 ultimate-warfare.com

generated in 5.616 ms, using 28 queries
Server time: 23:48:44 09/12/2019