Ultimate Warfare Online multiplayer Text-based game
Welcome to the Ultimate-Warfare forums!
You are currently not logged in, you can only view the forums now. Click here to login!

Last Login: CrossSet - Last Registered: CrossSet
Transit System Issues
Name: Reyth
Player
A) If units are in transit they do not show up in the country summary page as existing.

B) Also, I suspect that if units are left in "Reinforce/Recall" mode they are un-attackable.
Date/Time:
15/11/11 : 01:43:34

Name: frank
Forum Moderator
what do you mean with transit? If they are in a fleet "hovering" over a region, they are not part of that region! So they won't help defending.

Fleets can't be attacked, that's correct, however if a region got taken, the reinforce button will change in an attack button.
Date/Time:
15/11/11 : 13:49:42

Player
Well by transit I mean fleets. Well let's say I want to compile a huge invisible army that cannot be attacked until I want it to. Isn't that sort of unfair? I mean its like the ability to hide troops.

Also, the country summary page I mean the Headquarters doesn't show those troops as existing.
Date/Time:
15/11/11 : 15:00:38

Forum Moderator
What would you like to see improved on this? Fleets arrive/reinforce/attack right away as soon as they arrive? Fleets hovering on a region help in a battle as soon as that happens?

Both have their advantages, i like keeping my fleets hovering until i want them to attack or reinforce, this can help me plan and use multiple tactics and timed raids

Maybe special operations that scan for hidden forces and attack them? Not sure, feedback is welcome!
Date/Time:
15/11/11 : 19:59:28

Player
Ok I love the fleet hovering option but it is also a way to leave fleets so that they cannot be attacked so they are invulnerable and invisible. I think hovering fleets should be able to be attacked and should show as present in the region.

I am pushing on this because I see it as a way to gain an unfair advantage by being able to compile a large invulnerable fleet and then unleash it whenever you feel like it.

Can hovering fleets be attacked?
Date/Time:
15/11/11 : 20:24:28

Forum Moderator
The current system doesn't allows somebody to attack a hovering fleet. We need to think about how to solve this. If hovering fleets automatically help defending, their main reason (backup fleet for retaking, etc) will disappear
Date/Time:
15/11/11 : 20:29:07

Player
Ok, well I am willing to leave it there and I guess it is just a function of the game that everyone can use.
Date/Time:
15/11/11 : 20:38:04

copyright © 2006 - 2019 ultimate-warfare.com

generated in 2.575 ms, using 20 queries
Server time: 16:19:16 10/12/2019