Ultimate Warfare Online multiplayer Text-based game
Welcome to the Ultimate-Warfare forums!
You are currently not logged in, you can only view the forums now. Click here to login!

Last Login: CrossSet - Last Registered: CrossSet
Spying?
Name: Reyth
Player
I have had 100% failure with about 10 spy attacks several on Level II (.5 difficulty), 1 on Level I (.3 difficulty) and normal (.1 difficulty). On of the attempts there was also an error that was reported. I think there might be a bug in the spy system here...
Date/Time:
15/11/11 : 05:36:55

Player
I started out with 1000 spies the first time and went down to 750 through failures.
Date/Time:
15/11/11 : 05:39:32

Name: frank
Forum Moderator
Yes saw the error in my reports, checking it right now
Date/Time:
15/11/11 : 13:52:59

Forum Moderator
The error was caused by a missing variable in the advanced spy operation, and only happened once. This bug is fixed right now.

I'm going to do some tests now and see why your spy operations failed.
Date/Time:
15/11/11 : 14:07:13

Player
Ok, I mean I can accept the failures if they are explainable.
Date/Time:
15/11/11 : 14:51:35

Forum Moderator
Ill explain a little bit about the operation failure calculations.

I use the following formula:
total units = attackers sp. ops + defenders guards + 1;

random chance is a random variable between 0 and 0,9

difficulty = a number defined in the guide, this differs per operation

formula = (3 * attackers sp.ops / ( 2 * total units)) - (3 * defenders guards / ( 2 * total units)) - difficulty + random chance;

if formula is 0 or below, the operation fails, above means you succeed.

I always used special ops vs guards in the result calculation. From now i use special ops vs guards for every operation except spy operations.

Spy operations replace special ops for spies in the formula.

You probably lost because you send spies, but had no special ops in the region, or atleast not enough! Hope this helps you understand the calculations a bit, improvements on the formula are welcome!
Date/Time:
15/11/11 : 19:55:04

Player
Wow. I had no idea you needed special ops forces to support your spy mission. Why do you think that should be required? How would you explain why special forces troops are necessary for sp missions?
Date/Time:
15/11/11 : 20:27:02

Forum Moderator
Hmm maybe i didn't explained it correct:P Before today, you needed special ops for spy missions (i agree this is not correct). So i changed it today, and from now on, only spies count and replace the special ops in the formula.
Date/Time:
15/11/11 : 20:30:56

Player
Oh ok. Great. Thanks!
Date/Time:
15/11/11 : 20:37:01

Name: cooldude250
Player
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Date/Time:
10/10/13 : 11:37:24

copyright © 2006 - 2019 ultimate-warfare.com

generated in 4.67 ms, using 27 queries
Server time: 23:57:08 15/12/2019